Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 58

Wow, I can't believe how many gains I've made in the last 58 days. Yesterday was Back and Biceps, and I really impressed myself with all the pushups I was able to do. And the pullups. My ultimate goal would be to be able to do a pull up unassisted. I think that I'm on my way. I am definitely stronger than I have been in the past. And it just keeps getting more and more.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am that we started this program? It is probably the single most important thing that I could have done for myself this year. I shudder to think where I would be right now if we hadn't started it. Imagine this: I was on my way up into the 150s and who knows where it would have stopped, or IF it would have stopped. My teaching clothes that I bought in the fall for Practicum hours were starting to get smaller and smaller on me. As of right now, my clothes are HUGE! The shirts fit fine, but the pants...well, lets just say that I have quite a bit of room to breathe in them.

I know that I only have 5 more weeks of the program (round 1 anyways) and I am SO ready to bring it. I proved that yesterday, and boy am I sore today. I feel it in my, well, uh, my Back and Biceps :) Imagine that! I'm getting a little bit of studying done right now, some research, but I'm planning on getting a workout in early in the afternoon, or maybe right before lunch. Matt had duty yesterday, and I'm not sure when he's coming home, so I don't know if I should wait for him or not.

I'm so proud of Matt and the gains he has made. He's eating a whole lot more than me, but that is just fine with me. He needs it.

I'm a little scared of going on vacation for 10 days. What am I going to eat? How am I going to get my exercise in? Are my sister and my mom going to support me? Can I help them make a lifestyle change? Will they see how much better life can be if you add fitness and health into your long list of priorities?

Ok, well, speaking of homework, I need to get that studying done. I feel great, or have I mentioned that already?

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment