Wednesday, March 11, 2009

P90X - Day 70 - Skinny boy taking on P90X

Ok so I am skinny, in fact incredibly skinny. I weighed in at some where just above 135 when I started and have a lot of trouble gaining weight. I am now hovering just about 10 pounds heavier, and don't have shred more body fat =) which BTW on my electronic scale is pegged at the low of 5% Now if you are rolling your eyes and wishing you had my problems stop reading this. I am just like every other person in the world, I want to be better then I am and for me that challenge is to put on weight, just like most people are trying to lose it I make up excuses why I can't gain and how I can't seem to put on any muscle or weight period but I can see now my fault.

My scale has a BMR calculator built in to it. It tells you what your "metabolic age" is and how many calories you need to maintain your weight. In case you did guess allready my metabolism is crazy high, for my entire life I have been a snacker, a person that constantly eats a lot of little things, never really eating a huge amount at any given time. Additionally I start every morning by eating a yogurt right away, which jump starts the metabolism (eating anything right away is good, but I love yogurt =) So my entire life I have been doing the "right" stuff to maintain a high metabolism.

So as a consequence my scale says I need 3700 calories to maintain my weight... While that isn't quite true, because I can eat much less then that and still function. I can also tell you that I can snack and eat anything I want and not gain a pound. Well my problem is that I never have eaten enough before to gain weight. And now that I am realizing that my scale is probably telling some what near the truth I am struggling to eat enough calories to put on some muscle.

Anyways, I guess I am trying to say that I realized just like most over weight people have delusions about how many calories they need to eat vs. how much they actually eat. If you are skinny and want to gain weight, you probably are just as delusional as the over weight people, just in the opposite way. It took me a long time to realize this about myself and try to over come it.

-Matt
PS: The progress is amazing, I feel like a new person and a strong person now, I love what this program has done for Pam and I, we are so much healthier, stronger, confident then we were just 70 days ago. Commit and you will make amazing gains!

No comments:

Post a Comment