Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pam-We did so well in January, whatever happened to February?

So I was looking at how many posts we had for January, and I think we posted almost every day. Then February happened, and Phase 2. I think I was a little disillusioned when I didn't make as much progress during Phase 1 as I had hoped. So I didn't post on the blog for almost the entire Phas 2. Which is a shame, because maybe if I had been blogging, I would have forced myself to notice all the little changes that were going on in my body. The changes that I wasn't really noticing. Then, Day 60 came (ok, day 56) and we took measurements. It seems like overnight I went from a little pudgy to more and more trim. I can't believe how many inches I lost! And that Matt gained almost as many as I lost. That's amazing. And when I climbed on the scale this morning and my weight was 136.8 pounds, my heart almost stopped beating. I don't even remember the last time I weighed this little. But it isn't about weight. It is about my body's changes. The curves I didn't notice were there just last week. The fact that my waist is getting tiny. And that my legs and calves are shrinking. Matt felt some muscles on my back that haven't ever been there before. I never knew that your knees could get fat, and I didn't notice mine, until the fat started disappearing. I guess you never know what you have until you lose it, huh? :)
Anyways, my point is, I feel great. And I think I look great. And I have no idea how much further we can take this. We still have more than 4 weeks left in the program! Imagine how much better we are going to be after it is all said and done.

Oh, and btw, the spicy Chinese noodles we had for lunch were DELICIOUS! I was a little skeptical, until I read the recipe and realized peanut butter was involved. And it was so easy!

OK, I guess I should get back to my homework. I just wanted to blog, so that since it is the first day of March, I can try to get a lot more posts in this month than last. It helps that I'm liking my results. Hallelujah!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment