Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pam-Day 8: Chest and Back

So, we're back to the back :) Today was tough getting up. I'm trying to get over a head cold, and my throat was really sore this morning. It was hard to swallow. But I decided to suck it up, get over it, and bring it! My body was definitely weak, but I brought all I could, and man was this workout tough. It felt good to do 2 assisted pull ups. (I did 6 or 7 last week.) I drank a glass of recovery drink during the workout, and I think that is what saved me. I wasn't sure I would make it through Abs, but I did. I'm here to tell the tale, as they say. The Abs workout is challenging, I still can't do the Oblique V-ups, or the spread leg sit ups, or the ones where you sit up, go halfway down, and bring your legs up. But today, instead of just doing crunches during those exercises, I decided to do unassisted sit ups instead. It seemed to work out pretty well for me :) Did I mention my back was sore this morning? Well, it was, and I was concerned a little since we were working on the back today. But after the workout, my back was more limber, and actually feels good.

I have to remind myself that fat comes off in sheets, not in targeted areas. I got on the scale today and my body fat % has gone up slightly. My weight isn't going up a lot, in fact it is holding pretty steady. So I'm not too concerned. I'll give it another week, then I'll really start looking at the numbers.

I burned 392 calories today. Not too shabby. I should really set the alarm on my heart rate monitor. I got a little high today.

Looking forward to Plyometrics tomorrow ;)

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment